27.11.09

Jars

solar dyes

The collection of solar dyes is growing. The middle jar contains beetroot stalks and leaves (I wrapped the fabric around them hoping for interesting patterns - thank you India for the suggestion). The one on the right are wood shavings found next to a stump of an unidentified tree that was cut down recently. They looked strikingly colourful on the ground and even more so when soaked in hot water. The fabric is turning orange-y. If nothing else the wood is probably high in tannin.

6 comments:

jude said...

oh.... watching.

Brittany Noel said...

I'm waiting patiently so see the results :)

Sonia said...

thank you so much for sharing your experiments with these, Eva, it's way more than interesting. Thank you also for the details you gave me on Flickr, it was much appreciated.
Have a great weekend ! oxox

Eva said...

the results may not be that spectacular... we'll see. today I added a jar with red onion skins.

Rebecca said...

I was just about to say have you tried onion skins - they work so well when dying eggs - cant wait to see results.

Nihal said...

I'm directed from a blog that I read continuously. Am very impressed by your creativity, really one-of-a-kind! Glad to come visit you and your creation list on etsy. Keep up amazing work, miles of smiles.