18.11.09

Wintering

wintering

Five new necklaces which will be in the shop tomorrow.

Seeing the soft, sunrise colours together makes me think of mother-of-pearl. Dyed with plants grown and collected during the warmer part of the year, they carry memories of summer.

Light plays across the dense pleats and inside the intricate honeycomb of the smocking, while the edges curl gently towards the light.

They are richly textured but minimal in colour. I matched the smocking thread closely which I think brings a calmness to the agitated, rippling surface.

3 comments:

Brittany Noel said...

I would love to hang one of these in the window and just watch the changing light play with the pleats and folds. Beautiful work. Your smocking is impeccable. I love the matching thread, you're exactly right.

Feeling Fuzzy? said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful world with us - I find you inspiring...

Eva said...

Thank you for the kind comments.

Brittany - yes, the smocking looks interesting against the light too... smocked light catchers? there's a thought! :)