3.2.10

The Flying Eucalyptus

the flying eucalyptus
the flying eucalyptus

I continue to learn from Eco Colour so was pretty pleased to get my hands on the eucalyptus and try eco printing with a plant that has an important place in the book and is otherwise a bit elusive where I live. This gifted bunch of leaves makes a nice fawn, pink, almost orange on silk and yellower colours on cotton (not pictured). My favourite is the 'flying eucalyptus' print above.

The long leaf in the photo below was collected years ago. It was completely dry when I rolled it up in the bundle and yet it didn't crack and still coloured the fabric. And of course the steaming bundles smelled great.

eucalyptus eco print
eucalyptus eco print

10 comments:

Sonia said...

oooh I'm so loving the color & the pattern !! Absolutely amazing ! Really ! xoxo

Velma said...

softly delightful. great color.

joni said...

what an exciting surprise. i love the motif and the color.

dorie said...

dye and fly .... this gives you wings indeed! Xdorie

Heather said...

I've named you as a winner of a 'Kreativ Blogger' award. Please check out my blog for details!
http://woollove-functional-fiberart.blogspot.com/

Pam de Groot said...

These are beautiful. Keep playing!

Lisa at Lil Fish Studios said...

These are amazing.

Eva said...

Thank you for the comments and the award!

iNdi@ said...

no matter how often i do this, i still love the scent
and
the wonderful surprise when the bundle is opened

dye happy!

Vilt à la Kim said...

Oh I sure need to try this once too! too bad my eucalypthus trees died last winter '09 ......

btw. found you by a link On woollove-functional-art from Heather