Oh - sorry, I forgot to post the solar dyeing results. I've finally found focus again, shut myself in the studio and have been giving shape to some new ideas and started on a handful of feathers too. The best part of the last two days was spent on something that I'm quite excited about. It's almost finished - photos next time!
For now here are the flower dye samples, in the same order as were the jars: daisy, bluebell, dandelion, chestnut, kerria.
The biggest surprise for me is that the white chestnut blossom gave possibly the strongest dye of the bunch - tan at first which has faded into yellow since I took the photo. So this little experiment was worth it even just to discover that.