11.5.10

Three Feathers

My indigo vat woke up from its holiday rest and gave me blue for three feathers.

One has flown to a lovely lady.

One is for you:

VIII


And one is for me:



The green pot is waiting for another indigo plant to germinate. This one is the tropical indigofera tinctoria which I didn't dream of growing until I read in A Weaver's Garden that Rita Buchanan kept it as a houseplant.

And in a rare stroke of luck I won Margie's giveaway! The crochet is sooo delicate and the flowers have amazing 3D petals. I can't begin to imagine how she does it.

7 comments:

Châtelaine - The Garden Fairy said...

I love the colors of the feather above. They are 100% "me". What a wonderful idea to combine exquisite fabric, silver and as well exquisite natural dyes to one piece of art! I am so much into textiles and dyeing myself - and I appreciate the genius in your work.
Kind regards, a fellow color-a-holic,
Martina

Margie Oomen said...

the feather necklace arrived safely and is so very beautiful. I can't begin to wonder how you do it also.
The stone is in excellent hands.

jude said...

oh, thanks for the houseplant tip. beautiful work. as always.

Nancy*McKay said...

...GENIUS indeed...

Judy Martin said...

I have two sprouted indigogrts tinctoria and am going to grow them as house plants thanks to you.
The advice was in Canada to grow them as perennials - but I like the house plant idea much better. Thanks for passing that on.

michele said...

beautiful combination here of the blue and yellow with this piece. it does feel very feather-like.

benconservato said...

I would be keeping all of your necklaces if I made them myself. This one is so beautiful.