4.11.10

Back to the Sea


back to the sea

Firstly, a leaf. I picked it up for its colours, played with it and later re-discovered it in a coat pocket. It dried like that and is now permanently pleated.

Secondly, my indigo vat is good and strong right now and the blue is tempting me to go back to the sea. I've been asked to make a necklace that takes the shape of a spiralling shell and I have one or two other sea-related ideas that I'd like to try as well. But to start with I'm adding two new strandline bracelets to the shop today.

8 comments:

melampyrum said...

Always marvellous colours, I love that blue&grey! can't wait to see the new designs...
(thanks for the visit and kind support, I hope to find some balance too! the photos were taken with an old lomo lubitel, it was funny :)

nicole said...

Wow, that leaf! Amazing echo of your work.

Kit said...

Beautiful greens! I could reach in and touch them. BTW, congratulations on your mention in the Daily Muse art blog!

Velma said...

i love the concertina red maple!

zit... said...

i just discovered your work and i think it is absolutely beautiful, congratulations!

:D

elisvermeulen said...

Wonderful photo's and colours again. I always think am not one for tending indigo pots but when I see the colours it makes me wonder.. if.. one day..
:)

Eva said...

Thank you, everyone!

Elis - I hope one day you will :)

mady dooijes said...

the leaf, the fabrics, the colours it's like poetry, so beautiful