24.11.10

Winter Plans

dark trio

These are my plans for the rest of the year:
On 5th December I've booked a table at a craft fair. It's my first time in years and the very first time showing textile jewellery. The next ten days are going to be extra busy making. Everything I finish (including the above trio of dark and moody timekeepers) I'm saving for the event. The shop will be closed on the 5th and afterwards I'll be adding all the new and unsold.

And then quite soon, on 13th December, I'm leaving for an annual winter visit to my hometown of a hundred spires. I'll be back around the New Year.

There's a list of ideas I wanted to try out (an oyster and seaweed amulet bag; a book of colour - a surprising palette from a single dyestuff; 'Fruition' - a dark series about fruit and seeds; mechanical wings - a falconer's bracelet...) but the time of 2010 is running out. These things will spill over to 2011.

9 comments:

KaftanSarafan said...

lovely dark pieces, like hot charred wood pieces in a stove, still red hot inside.
Hope you enjoy the fair!

Velma said...

beautiful, mysterious pieces. and i can't wait to see where your work takes you in the new year.

ger said...

They´re not moody - they are timeless timekeepers... - wishing you smooth going for all your plans...

Drucilla Pettibone said...

all your plans sound lovely, eva! and these dark pieces really capture the magic of winter. i'm intrigued by the idea of a falconer's bracelet... can't wait!

Lisa at Lil Fish Studios said...

Your work has this ability to make me gasp when I see it and that's exactly what I just did when I saw these beauties.

The best of luck at your fair, and a wonderful new year.

aukjesatelier said...

Beautiful! The colours make me think of delicate winter-silhouettes of flowers in my garden ;)

Have fun at the fair!

Lynda Howells said...

I have just come across your blog zand l am in awe. Your work is beautifulx waving from Puitney, London.x lynda

Nancy*McKay said...

Winter...looks oh~so good on yoU... xoxo

Summer said...

Oh what a wonderful list to work on. I'm looking forward to see how you execute your ideas.