I've been thinking that best of all I like to make things that don't resemble anything directly but rather make use of oblique influences and obscure allusions.
I'm calling this new series of brooches 'Liber Herbarum' or 'A Book of Herbs'. They make me think of things like:
* illustrations in old herbals where the plants are unrecognizable and seem otherworldly
* especially the Voynich manuscript
* alchemical illustrations
* the seed or egg shape - a vessel, an empty frame, a mirror
* underground versus overground parts of plants
* an imaginary secret life of plants (when all is quiet at night do flowers talk to the stars?)
Each with their special healing property these magic herbs will be in the shop after the craft fair, on Monday the 6th.
I love the advent counting here.