27.1.11

Prelude

prelude

And so the blog lay forgotten in the old year...

Now the snow has melted and I find myself back in the murky, brown, grey and astonishingly green English winter. From January onwards it seems like a long prelude to Spring. Never mind the frost, the crocus buds are out and the birds are singing every night.
*
I started the year with two custom pieces: a pair of dusky blue earrings and a poetry necklace with a text chosen by the lady who commissioned it.


Now I'm working on some custom feathers and one or two things to be listed in the shop soon.

I've also been quite absorbed in this:


Can I learn to play at 33? My fingers feel like they are slowly waking up.

Thank you for your comments since the last post including the New Year wishes - a happy 2011 to you too!

8 comments:

kit said...

gorgeous pieces, I especially like the way the turquoise stitches sparkle on the ginger-colored silk. Just seeing a glimpse of the words is so enticing, like a secret whispered. Good luck with your piano learning! It's never too late ...

Alice Fox said...

of course you can learn at 33! Good luck

claire said...

lovely, lovely photos.

Velma said...

nice to hear your voice, so to speak. lovely poem neckpiece. really great colors.

Eva said...

The turquoise stones was the lady's wish and I love how it turned out.

Thanks for the piano encouragement! I'm working on it :)

Jorin said...

I love your work, it's really great!
Yes, you can learn to play the piano! Nobody said that you have to play like Horowitz or Lang Lang...

Beverly said...

I am so eager to wear my beautiful piece. Thank you for your lovely work!

Vivì said...

wow!!!!!
I love your work!!!
I'm Vivì from Italy..a new follower
http://lamaisonvivi.blogspot.com/