22.4.11

Something for Easter

dandelion yellow

Just a little dyeing sample made with dandelion flowers. Quite similar in method and result to last year's try with forsythia except this time I postmordanted with alum which seems to brighten yellows.

The warm, evening air coming through the window as I type smells of pollen, cut grass and a rain shower earlier... I confess to never liking Spring much, it always seemed a bit too bright and loud. But as I grow older, every year I appreciate it a little better.

Have a lovely week, I won't be around for a few days and the next posting day for orders is Saturday 30th.

spring mosaic

8 comments:

Marchi Wierson said...

lovely. it makes me happy to see when you have posted anything. Its been gray where I live and gentle yellow is the remedy.

Perpetua said...

You certainly have Vision...these photos look like your work at first glance

nicole said...

What a beautiful yellow. So soft and bright. Like the light and life of spring slowly coming back.

Happy Easter!

Sandie's Patch said...

I've got plenty of dandelion flowers if you need them! LOL!
Happy Easter.

Sandie xx

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

It turned out beautifully, as always.

radkadesign said...

it has been quite grey here in New York lately, and the beautiful colors give me hope that spring will finally show up even here....
Vesele Velikonoce!

radka

Eva said...

Happy Easter and Vesele Velikonoce :)

If you're waiting for Spring I hope it arrives to your corner of the world in not too long.

Zdolność-tworzenia said...

Ciekawe inspiracje, efektowne i super wykonane prace.