6.6.11

Garden in June

madder
indigo plants in June

The indigo plants are a little taller every day. One madder is thriving, the other not so much. Yellow cosmos finally coming up.
Only the weld failed completely. I couldn't get a single seed to germinate, outdoors or in, not in soil, not on a paper towel, neither buried deeper nor sprinkled on top. Have you successfully grown weld from seed? What's the secret?

I've also grown some thistles. The one on the left is taken but the other two are here.

three thistles

5 comments:

zahrada mojí duše said...

The plants are growing nicely :). The indigo plants of mine are a little bit smaller and prepared for repotting, the weld doesn´t grow at me too. Perharps it needs some cold stratification, want to try it myself...

nicole said...

Oooh, I could not resist. I have a thistle of my very own now. This is so beautiful Eva. I cannot wait to wear it!!!

Claire said...

Just got my weld seeds to germinate on a warm windowsill in a pot covered in cling film. Fingers crossed that they continue to grow...

Velma said...

very fine!

jude said...

looking good, never tried weld but i am doing woad