1.6.11

New

feather fan
rara avis earrings I.rara avis earrings II.

Thank you so much for your congratulations and encouraging words, especially all you, experienced mums! It's a slightly scary step to the unknown but we can't wait to see who this new person is. Only four months left of the old life...

But there's still time and so above are some new offerings of the Rara Avis variety. They'll be listed shortly.

I was reading in Jenny Balfour-Paul's Indigo about the belief in some cultures that pregnancy could interfere with successful indigo vat preparation and dyeing. She reports that

in Bhutan it was thought that if a pregnant woman dyed yarn in an indigo vat the baby in her womb would 'steal' the colour from the dye pot.

I've done a lot of indigo-ing lately and haven't noticed any colour theft. Is the little one going to have a passion for blue, I wonder.

5 comments:

leFiligree said...

congratulations and enjoy the new phase of your life--i'm sure you'll embrace all the precious moments.

makes my need for a pleated pendant all the more urgent!

nicole said...

I'd like to think that the little one is a dyer in the making and that (s)he wouldn't dream of messing up your indigo vat...

Lovely pieces, as always!

beadpoet said...

How exciting for you! I want to thank you for my beautiful poem-in-pouch. I bought the blue one, The Locker". It is exquisite. My friend Miriam has featured your site on her blog today, here is the link if you'd like to see it: http://miriamswell.blogspot.com Also, my website if you are interested, is beadpoet.com Thanks again from across the pond, and best of luck to you in all endeavors!

t does wool said...

a blue one..yes..that would be sweet ;)..a little helper then Eva..

Marisol said...

Congratulations, now I know your blog and your work is wonderful and beautiful. I will follow.
Greetings