9.10.11

In August

in August

In August the colours of the landscape change. In August summer has reached its zenith and begins to bend towards autumn. The rowan trees stand out clearly against the blue sky with their bright, ripening berries...

As I wrote about here, this necklace is made from one of only two pieces of silk dyed with this year's harvest of my fresh indigo leaves. So it's fair to say it's one-of-a-kind. It's very densely pleated and smocked. I also made the copper leaves that are part of the clasp - sawed them out of the sheet, shaped them, patinated and partly polished the metal and gave it burnished edges that shine. The glass berry beads are quite old, I think they were in a bead box at home when I was a child. The berries swing and sway on the necklace as you move.

I'm very nearly keeping this one too. But two is too many so here it is.

7 comments:

nowalinka said...

So beautiful :)

Els said...

Such an "Aaaaaaah" piece !

jo said...

I can see why you are seriously tempted to keep this one - its truly beautiful - I especially like the red berries joxx

zahrada mojí duše said...

I absolutely understand the temptation to keep it for yourself...I would love to keep it myself too :-).

bon*bon said...

Your work is more beautiful than ever!
Truly! This is delicious.

Margie Oomen said...

this just speaks to me of the red berries and leaves against the true blue sky
fantastic eva

her billowing heart said...

i have been reading your blog for an hour or two, it seems so profound & special a thing, what you have done, what your're now doing!

precious thoughts!