28.1.15

It Was Summer

it was summer

Summer wore a white dress with a pattern of small flowers, stained with berries. She didn't linger. The hem of her skirt was already fraying in sympathy with the downy seeds she leaves in her wake: thistle, rosebay willowherb, traveller's joy.

A tribute to all summers that are no more. Especially the one that seems so very unreal now when she who was not a mother yet collected flowers and pressed their colours into silk.

The colours are subtle and complex, sometimes almost iridescent and I admit it's a struggle to do them justice in photos.

The five necklaces will be in the shop on Friday.

dew the white dress shadows at noon eventide night butterfly

7 comments:

red2white said...

I am so happy for you Eva! For having full hands, now as a mother and again as a maker. It seems it's now my turn........

Tilly Niel said...

Good to see you back... I've been missing your posts...

Tilly Niel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pencilfox said...

love them, each and every one.
the delicacy of each….so perfect….

stepskippause said...

They are so beautiful and I'm so glad that you have tiny bits of time to make them.

Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous !
The lavender ones make me think of scabious. I love them.
ox

Francine said...

So lovely!
xx Francine

www.francinesplace.blogspot.it