18.2.15

The Messenger

the messenger

This series is about animals of dreams and imagination. When given due attention they can become powerful allies. A message delivered by such a presence can alter one's understanding, lift spirits or provide guidance.

This amulet bag was dyed with tannin and iron. It closes by pulling a sliding knot on an eucalyptus dyed silk cord. The ends of the cord have been combed into soft tassels like a horse's mane. There's a secret space inside for a dream or a message.

The necklace will be in the shop on Thursday. With it ends the recent flurry of pieces that had been waiting pretty much for years to be made. I'm working on some rara avis feathers for next week, there's one more thing for the Journey series and then I'll see where it takes me...

UntitledUntitled

4 comments:

pencilfox said...

this….THIS….is most beautiful.

Yuko Nagai said...

Hi Eva, I just thought of coming by today and discovered that you are.....back!!!
Really made me happy,
Yuko

Eva said...

I have to admit this is one of my favourite ones ever...

Hello Yuko, thank you for stopping by - that made me happy.

Cindy Liebel said...

Wow, your work is stunning, this is lovely!