28.5.15

Calendarium : May

calendarium : may

Part of the Calendarium series in which I make a piece every month dyed with whatever I find outside at that time.

May was about the beautiful purple maple tree. First I rolled the leaf bud scales together with some jack-by-the-hedge leaves into the silk and steamed the colour in. That created the dark grey centre with specks of brown or yellow. Then I overdyed the fabric with more purple maple scales.

This necklace takes the shape of a flower. Of something radiating out or listening in. It makes me think of flowers by night or the antennae of moths. There are tendrils, vibrant colours whispered in the dark and black glimmering stars.

In the shop right now.

UntitledUntitled

2 comments:

pencilfox said...

so unique and raw, simple, beautiful..!!

ronnie said...

ooooooooo I LOVE this xxxx