24.7.15

Apple of Her Eye

apple of her eye

I was curious about the origin of the expression and found this:

"The original Hebrew for this idiom, in all but Zechariah 2:8, was 'iyshown 'ayin (אישון עין), and can be literally translated as "Little Man of the Eye." This is a reference to the tiny reflection of yourself that you can see in other people's pupils."

The Little Man of the Eye? Interesting...

This necklace came about spontaneously after a dream I had of a handsome teenage son I was very proud of. He was truly an apple of my eye.

You can find it in the shop tomorrow (Saturday).

Untitled

2 comments:

jo headington said...

Aren't all mother's sons?
Mine is :,)

Eva said...

I don't really know what it's like to have a son... only knew the feeling in the dream. That's what I love about dreams :)