26.11.15

Calendarium : November

Part of the Calendarium series in which I make a piece every month dyed with whatever I find outside at that time.

In November I picked up some gingko and oak leaves on the way to pre-school. They were steamed into the silk. I then changed and set the colour with iron.

Love-in-a-mist. Barely there. Is it something? Nothing? A dream? A handful of smoke gathered, held together by an intricate gold lace of... hope? faith? What is the essential ingredient that can hold such things together and can it make them real? What is 'real' anyway? Lots of questions this November.

The silk is a mottled brownish grey, the edge softly fraying, the smocking shines with golden glass beads. The chain is finished with four very special vintage beads - I think they are Bohemian black garnets.

It will be in the shop on Friday.

PS I've spruced up my website. What do you think? Is it working?

1 comment:

rtquilter said...

Your website is gorgeous! It is a treat for the eyes and for the imagination. Lovely, lovely work, Eva!