15.11.15

Keeping Secrets

Some things thrive in the dark. Like roots. Or dreams. They wither if they are pulled up to the light. Reason is far too cutting to handle them. So here's to not knowing, living the questions and keeping secrets alive.

With this piece I have revived another design from the past - my take on the penannular brooch. Liber Herbarum remains one of my favourite series. I was searching for alchemy there, not quite knowing it yet.

This brooch is a mysterious dark purple with dark green/brown halo along the soft, raw edge. Because it's exposed I made the pin slightly rounded so it's more suitable for knits and looser-weave fabric (I've pinned it to a T-shirt with success too).

It will be in the shop on Monday.

1 comment:

pencilfox said...

another one....you captured it perfectly....