6.4.16

Blackbird

There are bursts of yellow everywhere. The garden is full of daffodils. I like how the blackbird balances the brightness of the colour of its beak with a sombre black/brown of its feathers. So these are a tribute to the blackbird.

The set with the earrings is sold but the feather necklace is in the shop.

For quite a while I've been feeling wordless. It seems as if my life is a conversation where periods of talking alternate with times of listening. So now I'm mainly listening and I don't know when that's going to change. I've always had this rhythm and thought there must be something wrong with me, it's all down to keeping the momentum up, having a routine, etc. etc. Maybe. But I'm beginning to suspect that maybe that's just how I am, impractical as it is. So I had a subversive thought: what if, circumstances permitting, instead of forcing the words, I allow myself to listen, until the wave breaks, the tide turns, because it will? Do you notice this dance of out and inwardness in yourself too?

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes I do with my work and life really. I have days of intensive activity, weaving and sewing everyday and then I just stop, I have to be in the right frame of mind. I also have weeks of lethargy where I don't want to do anything and have to force myself to be active.

pencilfox said...

beautiful blackbird feathers.

yeah. i'm there with you. some days....MOST days....i do best not speaking at all.

i have learned to simply go with the flow of things :: occurrences in the house; the vortex of life; changes in body and mind.

sending you love from afar....

Meis Ideis said...

I love this black version...

Lauren said...

Your beautiful work needs no words. They speak volumes all by themselves. Viewers can interpret.

Eva said...

Debbie - I think I undestand, it's the same with me.

Marie - you put it well. Sometimes I call it the 'inner weather'.

Meis Ideis, Lauren - thank you the appreciation!